David ("Daveed") Vandevoorde is a Belgian computer scientist who lives near Princeton, NJ, USA. He is vice-president of engineering at the Edison Design Group (EDG), where he contributes primarily to the implementation of their C++ compiler front end. He is an active member of the C++ standardization committee where he is primarily active in the core language evolution work. His recent work in that context has primarily been about extending the capabilities of “constexpr evaluation”. Daveed is also one of the five members of the committee’s “direction group”. He is the primary author of the well-regarded “C++ Templates: A Complete Guide” (now available in its second edition).
- Report from using std::cpp 2019
- Exploring undefined behavior using constexpr
- Linux Development with C++ in Visual Studio 2019: WSL, ASAN for Linux, Seperation of Build and Debug
- EnTT v3 is release
- Announcing C++Now 2020
- C++ Russia 2018: Daveed Vandevoorde, Reflective Metaprogramming in C++
- C++ Templates: The Complete Guide
- Direction for ISO C++
- Scalable Reflection in C++
See a mistake? Edit this post!