Kate Gregory has been using C++ since before Microsoft had a C++ compiler, and has been paid to program since 1979. She loves C++ and believes that software should make our lives easier. That includes making the lives of developers easier! She'll stay up late arguing about deterministic destruction or how C++ these days is not the C++ you remember.
Kate runs a small consulting firm in rural Ontario and provides mentoring and management consultant services, as well as writing code every week. She has spoken all over the world, written over a dozen books, and helped thousands of developers to be better at what they do. Kate is a Microsoft Regional Director, a Visual C++ MVP, an Imagine Cup judge and mentor, and an active contributor to StackOverflow and other StackExchange sites. She develops courses for Pluralsight, primarily on C++ and Visual Studio. Since 2014 she was Open Content Chair for CppCon, the largest C++ conference ever held, where she also delivered sessions.
- Design Patterns in Modern C++
- Announcing a single C++ library manager for linux, macOS and Windows: vcpkg
- Conan 1.3.0 released
- March 2018 ISO C++ Meeting Trip Report (SG1 Concurrency and Parallelism)
- Meeting C++ 2017 - Kate Gregory: "It's Complicated"
- ACCU 2018 - Kate Gregory: "Simplicity: not just for beginners"
- Meeting C++ 2017 - Kate Gregory: "5 Things I figured out while..."
- Pluralsight: C++ Fundamentals Including C++17
See a mistake? Edit this post!