Phil started coding back in the early 80s, on 8-bit home computers: from the ZX-81 to the Commodore 64, in BASIC and assembler. He later moved on to PCs and C++ in the early 90s and, despite forays into other languages, keeps coming back to C++. His career has taken him through domains such as anti-virus, mobile, finance and developer tools - among others. He's the original author of the C++ test framework, Catch and is now Developer Advocate at JetBrains for CLion, AppCode and ReSharper C++. His hobbies include writing podcast bios and trolling the podcast hosts.
- Minimal, Header only Modern C++ library for colors in your terminal
- The view from Nov 2016 C++ standard Meeting Issaquah
- C++ version of ruby's integer::times via user-defined literals
- Munich User Group: Functional C++ for Fun and Profit
- YouTube: Functional C++ for Fun and Profit
- ReSharper Ultimate 2016.3 is Released
- JetBrains CLion Discounts
- JetBrains AppCode Discounts
- JetBrains ReSharper C++ Discounts
- CppCon 2016: Nicholas Ormrod "The strange details of std::string at Facebook"
See a mistake? Edit this post!