After spending her childhood wanting to become a novelist, Jackie switched over from writing stories to writing code during college. She graduated from Swarthmore College in 2014 with a Bachelor's in Computer Science and went on to work at the Open Source Robotics Foundation for two years, supporting Gazebo, a physics simulator for robotics R&D, and ROS, an open source application framework for robotics development. She recently started as an early employee at Marble in San Francisco, a startup working on autonomous delivery.
Jackie was a speaker at CppCon 2015 and 2016 and a volunteer at C++ Now 2016 and frequently attends the Bay Area ACCU meetups. Her hobbies include rock climbing, travelling, and reading (books, not just blog posts).
- What does "Modern C++" really mean
- The "unsigned" Conundrum
- C++ Variadic templates from the ground up
- ROS (Robot Operating System)
- ROS 2
- Gazebo (Robot simulation)
- Gazebo's Bitbucket Repository
- Caffe - Deep Learning Framework
- TensorFlow - Machine Intelligence Library
- CppCon 2016: Jackie Kay "Lessons Learned From An Embedded RTPS in Modern C++"
- Code examples from "Lessons Learned From An Embedded RTPS in Modern C++"
- Work-in-progress implementation on DDS/RTPS
See a mistake? Edit this post!